Saturday morning we had to get up way too early. Kids went into the big city to spend the day with Jill's family. JW and I did a quick clean-up of the house since potential buyers were coming and then I headed into town to do a bit of grocery shopping. I hadn't bought any groceries before the grandkids came because we just weren't sure what that 2nd one was going to be able to eat.
The only thing she told me for sure she wanted is 'STRAWBERRIES'. Thank heavens for Costco and their gorgeous huge strawberries.
The people came and looked at the house and they want it but they have a house they need to sell first. The man who wanted the mill and lathe so badly on Thursday night didn't come over and didn't call.
Saturday was numero uno grandchild's "half" birthday. While I was in town, i picked up some beginning piano books for her. She opened them right after dinner and then spent the rest of the evening trying to learn how to play the piano. I had bought a keyboard a few years back and since I have a piano now had told her that she could take the keyboard.
Sunday morning I cooked chocolate chip pancakes with strawberries and whip cream for breakfast.Tata cooked bacon. #1 granddaughter went back to the keyboard. She wanted me to teach her a Valentine's day song so she could play for her Mom. I wrote down the notes for "Happy Valentine's to you" and she practiced and practiced. When her Mom got up, she played it for her. Then Jules decided to try writing a few of her own songs. Definitely need to find her a piano teacher back in ID.
Shortly before lunch, "potential buyers" from yesterday called. They said, "We couldn't stop talking about this place ever since we left." They fell in love with the view just like we did. They definitely want it, but they have that house to sell first so it may turn into a lease with option to buy. I will have to talk to the relocation adviser and realtor this week to see how to handle that. They want to come over next Saturday and look at the place again. This time, I'll be here and can show them pix of what the summertime view looks like.
After lunch, we headed up to Red Lodge Mountain so the girl's could go skiing for the first time. They did great and were skiing on their own down the bunny hill after a couple of times down with their Mom. I took pix - will get them off the camera and post later. Daddy and Tata sat for the first couple of hours with granddaughter #3 then they came up the hill to watch the girls and I took over the babysitting duty. Poor little girl was so tired that I had her asleep in about 10 minutes.
Daddy had bought his two girls tin hearts filled with kisses for Valentine's day. Since starting Tuesday #2 is going to be back on her diet of no soy, wheat, eggs, milk etc - she cannot have kisses after Sunday (since chocolate has soy in) so we wanted them to disappear. We decided to melt them down and use them to dip strawberries in. She unwrapped all of the kisses and after they melted, she dipped the strawberries. She is so happy that she got to eat chocolate covered strawberries and also gets a neat tin heart to put her "trinkets" in and by trinkets, she means rocks and marbles.
Monday the kids head home. JW flies to Alaska for his first week of "work". I get to stay here and try to start sorting through everything. I think this is the week that everything is going to be put on fast forward. Now if only we could sell that mill and lathe.
No comments:
Post a Comment