2/21/10

And we want to persue.......

JW got home late Friday night after being delayed for over an hour in WA.  Yesterday morning we got up, ate breakfast - I had grits and eggs - have loved grits ever since the first time I tasted them - June 1966 when we went to SC to help move oldest brother, wife and 3 month old daughter back to AZ so bro could go to Nam.

After we finished breakfast, JW went out to shovel the driveway - we have sold the snow blower and we had about 8" of snow so he wanted to make sure the prospective buyers could get in.  I spiffied up the house just a little more.  Then we sat down for lunch and to relax a little.

At 2:15 PM, Mr and Mrs prospective buyer along with their daughter, son, dil, sil and two little grandsons, showed up to look at the house again.  They spent the next hour walking through the house, shop, barn and going up on the ditch bank to check out the view.  Unfortunately the view was extremely shy yesterday and stayed hiding behind the clouds.

I had pulled together a few of the pictures I had taken over the past 8 1/2 years so opened them on the computer so they could see what the view looks like during other parts of the year.




JW with horses that spent the summer of 2002 with us

Then they sent their children on their way and they came in to persue their desire to persue ownership of this place.  They  would like the option of leasing with an option to buy.  Our take on that was they would lease it for a specified amount of time and if they decided they wanted to buy it, they could.  Our concern was, What if they lease and after 3 months for whatever reason, they decide they don't want it - then we've wasted time.

They stated they definitely want to  buy but wanted to wait until they have their house sold in another town in MT.  So their option of leasing to buy, means to  them that we will lease until that house sells, then buy.  Tomorrow, I  will talk to the realtor tomorrow to see what she has to say.  They have already talked to the bank and he said they should not have any problem at all in getting a loan to buy.  Plus they recently sold their 2nd home in WI.  I really want them just to buy it so we have a clean break -  then I can get back half of my insurance for the year plus Iwon't have to pay any real estate taxes this year.  Those two items are a chunk of change.

They haven't even blinked an eye at the price - so I am concerned that we are trying to sell too low - especially since JW talked to  them before I did and he told them the minimum we would take which was 15k less than what I had told him we were going to list it for.  He is sometimes just way too honest for his own good.  Nonetheless, by the end of this week, we'll have it all in writing which way we are going to go.  For now, all I am certain of is that before too terribly long, this will no longer be "our spot" and that makes me a quite sad today.

After dinner last night, we spent a few hours looking at realtor.com for houses.  This is currently our #1 house:


I figure this can be my office and sewing room and JW can have the mammoth room for his leather work and other stuff.  After all, we know how much people from Oracle love Mammoth.  We have seen lots of houses with character on realtor.com but have decided that we need to buy a house that needs absolutely no work done on it.  We've spent many hoours over the past 8 1/2 years workng on this house and the yard and everything else.  For the next 3-5 years, we just want to have a very comfortable house that needs no tlc so we can spend our spare time exploring Alaska.

Got our taxes done - decided to e-file them so that is done and finished for the year. 

We're still targeting for me to be in AZ for two weeks in April or minimum of one week.  If just one week, i'll be on vacation the whole week.  So, this week has moved us a little closer to relocation which has also increased the stress level about 10 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment