The rest of Thursday passed very slowly with very little new disruption. We did find out the lady packer is 76 years old - oh my goodness - she sure works hard for someone her age that is for sure. There are so many boxes in the house it is almost unbelievable. I have to keep telling myself, yes there are a lot of boxes but some boxes only have one item in. One huge box that has nothing in but a lamp shade. Another one for a sheep head.
Around 2 the realtor showed up so she would know everything about the house as we will not be around when it closes. Also, she will be responsible for the next two weeks and wants to make sure there is plenty of heat so nothing freezes. I took down a neat pinecone hook that we had put up in our bathroom by the shower because I wanted it. I also took one leather outlet cover off the wall - the first one JW made just so I'd have a sample. Took an outlet cover off another wall where it didn't show so much to cover that one that did.
Finally at 3:30, we loaded everything into our truck and headed to Billings to spend the next two nights. JW will go back out on Friday morning to supervise the loading of the truck. Tinkerbell did very well on the ride in. We got her settled into the room and then we went for dinner.
We decided to go to the Rib & Chop House - what a joke. They had a steak and seafood stuffed bell pepper for a special so we both ordered that with the pepper sauce on the side. After she brought my salad and John's soup, she came out to tell us they had run out of that special. We told her we'd look at the menu again. Then she came back and said she did have one special. So JW ordered something different and I stuck with the special.
She brought out JW's steak and fries and my steak but apparently something wasn't right so she sent it back to the kitchen. About 10 minutes passed and then she decided to bring out my side (a small bowl of spicy green beans) so I would have something to eat. Another 10 minutes passed and someone brought out my steak but the sauce was not on the side and it tasted horrid so i sent it back. Finally about the time JW got finished eating my dinner showed up. :-(
By the time we got back to the hotel, Tink was a bit stressed out. Guess we'll see how the night goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment