3/26/10

One week to go

Another week has flown by.  I didn't get as much accomplished as I needed to but I did get all the old paint, chemicals etc taken to the hazardous waste collection in the big city.  Hard to believe how many cans of paint, oil, bug spray etc we collected in 8.5 years.  Course, the people we bought this place from had left stuff everywhere - most of which I thought we'd gotten rid of last summer during the annual hazardous waste round-up but there were still a few items. 

Spent a few hours over the past two days scanning photos into the computer.  Been trying to get all my old photos scanned in but mainly wanted to focus on getting the kids pictures scanned in.  How fun to look at all the old photos.

Girl child and her big fuzzy slippers - she loved them.

Alexshuman all dressed up for the big family bbq in Feb 1972 - Daddy was home for R&R from Nam


Grandpa and his two oldest grandsons.


Got to love this pictures.  Kids always were fascinated by Grandpa's big hats.


Cannot believe I let my baby climb up and slide down this slide by himself.  I know he wasn't even 3.

June 27, 1984 - entering Texas on our drive to SD to take Mom - she wanted to take the old route that we always took when we were kids.  So had to stop at White Sands, Tularosa NM for the night etc.  Even stopped in Alamagordo at the same mexican restaurant we would stop at every summer when I was growing up.  The had declicious guacamole.


Can't believe my babies grew up so fast and now I feel like I'm abandoning them in "Middle America" while I move on to bigger and colder things.

2 comments:

  1. Bigger and Colder.. Exactly! And it's a good thing you're leaving us here. You're gonna need to come thaw out now and then.. Can't wait for you to send me a disk with all those pics on it. Hint, hint :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these pictures! Such cute kids you had!

    ReplyDelete