JW got his phone and e-mail address for work today. He said they gave him a Blackberry - i'm sure there a lot of features on that he'll never use. I told him to find out which phone service the mine is using - they have more money than I do to try out different services and evaluate them. I want to get myself a new cell phone ordered - so I'll have it in hand when I head north. Sorry alexshuman but it won't be verizon as verizon isn't up there.
He's worn out from a busy week - too many things to do. Go to work, grab something to eat then out to look at houses, back to the room to get some sleep so he can do it all over again the next day.
This is the only house he's found so far that he would live in. He says it is really nice inside and the pictures on the net don't do it justice.
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/3160-Hillary-Avenue_Fairbanks_AK_99709_1108516016
You will notice at the one end there is a "door to nowhere" on the upper level. JW says that there is now a deck on that side and if this house is in the final running, he will go back and take better pictures. It is surrounded by trees so not much of a view but plenty of privacy.
He stopped by today to look at an apartment for us to move into the 3rd of April when I move up there. We can't stay where he is currently staying as they don't allow cats. It is furnished and in the same complex he is currently in. Three bedrooms so I'm thinking we should be able to buy a small chest freezer to put the meat, chile and tamales in that we plan to fly up in 2 or 3 coolers. I'm thinking by the time we add up the cost of hunt, the cost of a new cooler, a chest freezer and airline charges to take these coolers up, the tamales will probably be worth about $10 a piece and the meat $25 a pound. Sometimes we just aren't too sensible when it comes to our love of wild meat.
Tomorrow he hopes to get to the laundromat to do a bit of laundry. Then he'll spend the rest of the weekend with the realtor looking for a house and hopefully getting a break to watch the Nascar race.
I get to spend the weekend working since I'm on call. Plus Gordy is supposed to show up tomorrow to get the mill he bought. I'm just hoping it isn't too much of a mess since the lathe is nearer the door and they are going to have to work around that.
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and Happy Birthday tomorrow to Rhayn. Cannot believe little leaner has a daughter who's turning 9 - really makes me feeling like an antique.

That does look like a nice house. It may be a hectic couple of weeks, but once you get a place and settled, all will be fine.
ReplyDelete