3/23/10

House hunting on hold and other thoughts

Well, JW has looked at every possible house in Fairbanks and said no thank you to all of them except the Lake Trout Lane house.  He is rethinking that one and wants to wait until I get up there so we can take a tape measure and determine if we can actually fit in this house - we have a really big bed.  Also, he will be turning over the initial house hunting to me on April 5 so just hoping that something really good turns up. 

I'm already thinking - ok we're going to be stuck in that furnished apartment without our "stuff" for at least 45-60 days now.  What is it that I really need to pack - to survive for that long.  

He did go and look at a house last night that was over our budget but it was up on the hill and you could see forever.  I was thinking it couldn't be much of a house because there were just a few pictures and they were all of the outside.  After seeing the inside, he said he could understand why they didn't bother posting any pictures cause it was pretty bad.



JW's Uncle Jimmy passed away last Saturday night - we just got the news yesterday.  He has had cancer for a while and so it's a blessing but makes me sad that we won't get to see him one more time on this earth nor can we get down to the funeral.  So, you send flowers and send a note to Aunt Winnie but it's just not the same as being there to give her a big hug.  For the first 4 years of his life, JW was pretty much raised by his Nana and Tata so his aunts and uncles have always been an important part of his life.  And to them, he's always been Johnny.  For many years I felt I was being judged by all of them as to whether I was good enough for JW but somewhere along the line, they decided I was OK.

I'm still working on my valuation form for the insurance company - it's driving me totally insane.  I have to have it comleted by Monday - trying to think of all the high dollar items but know that JW and I are going to be spending some time in the shop Sunday going through all his stuff and trying to put a value on his stuff.  I checked out replacement cost on his toolbox this evening and know that I would not want to have to replace that.

I also have to get the cat to the vet next Monday afternoon and go through a few more things.  Course everytime I think I'm getting a handle on things, I open a cupboard or closet and see all kinds of stuff I haven't even thought about. 

I did get the downstairs refrigerator cleaned out today and unplugged so it's ready to go.  I did get values on my cookbooks logged.  I did get values on most of our camping equipment- 3 tents, 5 packs, 6 sleeping bags and all the other paraphenalia and yes, we do use all 3 tents - they are different sizes for different types of camping.  Can hardly wait to get out there in the wild and see if we can survive.



No comments:

Post a Comment