8/7/11

July 23, 2011 - Family Vacation had to end sometime I suppose

Saturday morning, July 23, we had to get up a little early as the kids were flying out at 8:40 AM so we had to get them to the airport on time.  We ate a little breakfast got dressed and headed to the airport.  We pulled up front at the drop off area and got out of the truck.  You know how drop off areas are - "Do not leave vehicle unattended"  "10 minute limit" - all those warning signs.

We pulled all of the luggage out of the trucks and I started to say goodbye.  :-(




Course JW had different thoughts - we were going to help them carry the luggage inside.  So we left the trucks - I think I even left mine running and we helped to carry luggage inside.  Then we gave everyone a big hug and took a few pictures.







Goodbye everyone.  Let us know when you get home.  Thanks for coming.

We walked back out to he trucks and headed home.  I was so tired, I grabbed the computer to  work on pictures and ended up falling asleep.  So I spent most of that day and the next vegging.  Thinking about all the things we had done in 2 weeks.  Thinking about the things on my list that we didn't get done such as going to WEIO, stopping by the reindeer farm in Palmer, spending the night at Denali, going to see the baby reindeer at UAF, more fishing, a boat ride to Pikes for dinner .......

Well, hopefully it wasn't too much of a Griswold vacation and they'll come back to see us again.

2 comments:

  1. It's been fun hearing about all of your fun family vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tiff. It was fun. Sure wish they all lived closer but for now, we get together as much as we can. I just have to figure out a schedule to come down that way every 4 months without being in AZ during the summer.

    ReplyDelete