The sun was just a little bright at 7:30.
MS managed to smile.
We fixed breakfast and got dressed. Then I told JW he should take Valerie out to Murphy Dome and drive down to the Chatanika and that he could take Blaine in the afternoon. The girls needed to get back to the Santa Claus House so they could actually see the jolly old man. I mentioned to Blaine that he and Jill should take the girls to North Pole (as there wasn't room for all of us) and I would stay home and take care of a few things. By this time, the girls were ready for a mid-morning snack.
Blaine said I should go with them to North Pole and he was going to just hang out down town and look around a little. I think he had some shopping to do. So, I drove him down town and left him off then came back and picked up Jill and the girls. We drove out on Goldstream to Sheep Creek so we could get a picture of the sled dog crossing sign.
This is the only one I've seen up here. The sign on Ballaine is just the words - no picture.
Then on to North Pole. On the drive over, the girls started talking about what they should tell Santa they want for Christmas. They were really having difficult time deciding plus they all have birthdays before that time anyway. So we decided that instead of asking for something, they should thank Santa for their favorite gift he had brought in the past. For MS, of course, that would be easy since he has brought her several rocks in the past years. A beautiful rainbow rock and a big crystal. For JM, it might be a little harder since last year she had told Santa she didn't need anything because there are other kids who need more.
There weren't any other kids at the Santa Claus House so the girls had Santa all to themselves for a while and were just able to chat. He talked to them a little about the town they live in. And he talked about how cold it gets up here in the winter and that's why he has a beard. He also told them that his reindeer are down in Palmer at the reindeer farm for the summer.
ST wasn't sure what to think about this man with all the hair on his face. But at least she didn't cry so that's good.
Jules then went and stood by the big stuffed moose so I could take her picture. I had a picture of me by a big stuffed bear in January of 2010 but that bear wasn't there this time around.
We drove back to downtown Fairbanks and stopped to do a little shopping with Blaine. Then he and Jill jumped into the back of the truck to ride home.
Then we went on home for lunch. JW and Val were back. So after lunch JW and Blaine headed back over to Murphy Dome. While they were gone, JM kept asking me - when are you going to call MP. She really wanted to meet her so about 2:00, I called MP and asked if she wanted to come over and meet my family. She said yes, so JM and I went and picked her up.. Of course, once she got over here, JM didn't really know what to say to her so JM and MS went outside to play.
When Blaine and JW came back, Blaine took each of the girls on a ride up Cordes to Sky Flight road and I believe the older girls got to do a little driving.
I cooked up some flat crispy corn tortillas so we could have grilled venison, bean tostados and guacamole tostados for dinner. It was some of the worst venison we had had in quite a while - extemely tough. When I asked MP what she thought about it, she could only comment that it is very chewy.
When MP got done eating, she was ready to go home. So, I took her home. I told her that I couldn't go to the WEIO (World Eskimo Indian Olympics) that evening as it was my families last night in Alaska. But if her and her friend wanted to go, I would pay their way in. She tried to call her friend but she didn't answer so we drove to her house and picked her up. I dropped them off at the Carlson Center and told them to have a wonderful evening. Then I headed back home to spend the evening with my family.
At some time during the evening, Jill asked if anyone knew where ST was. The other kids had been in and out so we weren't sure if she was outside or in the house. Jill went looking for her and found her in on the bed going through Mama's purse. Maybe she was starting to be concerned if there was enough money to get back home.


No comments:
Post a Comment