5/30/11

Earning our sea legs - part 2

On Sunday morning, May 22, I had to get a few things done around this house.  I mainly needed to clean my office as it was a major disaster.  Mainly I had a bunch of videos and dvd's covering the table as I am trying to get some things either converted to dvd or save off pictures so I willl have them stored in various locations in the event we encounter a disaster here.

At noon, we ate a quick sandwich and then we loaded up to head to the river.  This time we decided to put in at Chena Lakes recreation area near North Pole and head up the Chena River once again.  About 100 feet from the ramp, we ran into a major mess of debris and were concerned that it was going to be a repat of May 21 when we spent more time cleaning the jet than moving forward.

After we got out into the main flow of the river, the debris cleared up and it was a nice ride upstream.  We went about 30 miles or so and JW stopped to do some fishing. 

He fished for a while without any success.  So we got back in the boat and headed a little further upstream.  We got to one area that was quite heavily populated - not surprising since the road to Chena Hot Springs is just west of the river. 





We got to about 37 miles out and it was getting time to head for home so we turned around and headed back.  It was a beautiful day to be out on the water.

   

1 comment:

  1. At this rate, you'll suck all that debris out of the river and it'll be clear for us to go fishing. Hope dad can find some fish for us to catch!

    ReplyDelete