3/9/11

2011 World Ice Art Championships - Part 1

This afternoon after I got off work, I picked up MP and we headed to the Ice Park to check out the ice carvings.  The sun was out, the sky was a gorgeous blue and temps were in the low 20's.  The one thing we didn't plan for was a slight breeze which definitely had a bite to it.

I purchased a season pass as I know I want to go back at night this weekend to see the lighted carvings plus I want to make a third stop by this before it closes the end of March.

These are a few of my favorite carvings - the sun didn't exactly cooperate to get decent picttures of all of them and in the hour and a half we were in the park before we felt we were going to freeze, we were not able to see all of the carvings.  MP was eager to pose by many sculptures and get her picture taken - I think her favorite was the phone booth.

The detail of this one was awesome.  Check out the ball below.

This bird and bird cage got 1st place in the multi-block carving.  Not sure how they did this but would have been interesting to watch the 4 carvers.

MP jumped into this big bowl and slid around a bit but I had to help her get out of it.


Hi from Lynda


One of the many slides for the kids.


Mel's Drive In - serving frozen burgers.


My absolute favorite in the multi-block category.


1 comment: