12/11/10

From the airport and Christmases past

Well, it took me a whopping 10 minutes to check in at the Fairbanks airport.  Wouldn't have taken so long but I had to check in JW's gun case with the oversize luggage and explain to them that yes it is a gun case but it's not locked because there aren't guns in.  Cost me $20 then will cost me another $20 to go from Portland to Boise and will have to pay overweight charges coming back.  Then JW will have all of his guns up here safely locked away in the safe.

Sitting here trying to remember if I told alexshuman what time to pick me up.  I guess I'll give her a wake up call once I get to Sea-Tac.  Not sure why I always stress about getting to the airport and get here so blasted early.  An hour and 25 minutes till my flight departs and I would really like to crawl into a hole somewhere and go back to sleep.

When I got off work today, I tried to take a nap but first Mom called to tell me she had gotten a package from Walmart - I had told her it was coming and they were supposed to wrap the two items inside and label them with messages to open on Dec 18 and Dec 24th.  Well apparently they didn't because she opened the outer box cause she had to peek and then after I talked to her a while, she said she had tried them on and they fit.  She is like a little kid.  I was looking for her some christmas pj's to open christmas eve but couldn't find any.  However, on line at Walmart, I did find a chrristtmas sweater and a christmas vest reduced for clearance so with shipping to get both of them to her, it was a whopping $16  - almost as cheap as just the shipping from here would have been. 

Talked to her twice today (well guess that's yesterday now) and she sounded a little exciited about the party but also sounded stressed.  She said her knee - the one she broke twice is hurting and she can't make it stop so she's just going to have surgery.  She is talking knee replacement.  At her age would they even do that - is she strong enough to handle surgery. 

Two weeks till Christmas - I always  love Christmas eve when I was growing up - I remember it more than Christmas morning.  Used to always have the big bi-ward Christmas Nativity in Pima ending with a visit from Santa.

1958 - Tree at the old red brick house

JW and Santa (Dec 52) - scary looking dude for sure - Santa I mean

Christmas 1971 (in Pima without JW)

Blaine and Jill - Christmas eve 2000


Still Tink's favorite sleeping place in December



Hope you are being good so Santa can visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment