BBBS activity was fun last night - MP's family couldn't go because the cousins school was having a craft night and wanted to go to that. I had a chat with Santa and got my picture taken with Santa and MP - they are supposed to e-mail it so we'll see how that turns out. He gave Monica a gift - a BBBS t-shirt and the book The Traveling Pants. They had lots of snacky type food - nachos, lil smokies in bbq sauce, meat balls, relish plate, orange slices and grapes.
MP and I each colored a picture and exchanged them. While we colored she told me about Christmas in the small village of Eagle. On Christmas, the whole town gets together - they each had drawn the name of a person in town and had a big gift exchange. I asked her what they eat for Christmas dinner and she says that her aunt will cook turkey and gravy and all the trimmings but her mom used to make moose soup, She played guitar hero on the WII they had set up and did great - not that you could hear since the dj was blaring music. There was a group of young soldiers there from Ft. Wainwright - they were so good with the kids. The only thing they did not have was water to drink. They had some awful sour punch and a little cocoa but by the time we realized they had that, it was gone.
We left about a quarter after 7 and decided to go to Denny's for a cup of hot chocolate. When we walked in, a couple of booths from us was a young female soldier and her small son and a friend(?) having dinner. He was having great fun with the spaghetti. When our waitress brought me our check, I asked her for the other bill too. I have been wanting to do that ever since I got here - buy a meal for a service person. woo hoo - what fun - so blessed to be able to do that - especially during this holiday season.
I haven't even started packing - I've thought about what I need to take including the gun case so I can bring back the remaining 4 long guns that are in Idaho. I can fill that with a few things I want to take down and don't have to bring back. Trying to determine if I should take my computer or should I leave it here. Have to get some fresh chile made for JW before I leave. Check the plants so he doesn't have to water while I'm gone. Run the vacuum over the floor. I should have started a list weeks ago but for now I need to just mellow out and quit worrying - I'll take what I can and everything else will be okay till I get back.
See you soon alexshuman and i'm not coming to inspect how clean your house is although I would like to find a pair of white gloves while I'm there.
White gloves? Seriously?? I think we can do that. As long as you don't use them to inspect my house :) I should have made a list, too.. As it is, I need to get up in 4 hours to finish vacuuming the floor and take out the trash.. See you soon!!!
ReplyDelete