11/20/10

Week in Arizona - Oct 29 to Nov 7

My flight from Colorado to Arizona was uneventful.  Sister Suzy and MLT picked me up at the airport and we headed to the big city of Central to spend Halloween with Lavan and Dorothy.  We stopped in Globe at the old and original El Reay.  I ordered a root beer which they were out of and a green chile burro - deep fried and enchilada style.  Suzy ordered a red chile burro - enchilada style.  After a bit, they brought us our food but mine was not as ordered - they had not fried it.  I decided to just go ahead and eat it so we could get on down the road.

As I'm eating my burro, I commented to Suzy that I was surprised it was beef instead of pork.  Then we realized that they had given Suzy my green chile and me her red chile.  So, we swapped out and the green chile was definitely a whole lot better.

We got on up to Central and visited a bit then got a good  nights sleep.  How fun for L & D that they can see the lights of the temple through their bedroom window.  Saturday morning, we got up and went to the Larson family reunion.  There were a few people there that I knew - it was good to see Ray and Elaine and their oldest son Jon was there with his wife Rita.  After lunch, we headed back to Central and convinced them to come back and visit some more.

Dorothy was busy making a Pebbles costume for her little girl.  They had already finished a Bam Bam costume for the 4 year old - they both looked so cute dressed up.  We went to Pima for the stake Trunk or Treat.  The kids got lots of candy and played a few games. Dinner was at the Casa Manana - I ordered a horchata to drink but of course they were out.  To eat, I ordered a green chile chimi enchilada style - I did NOT order beans and rice but they gave me the full meal.  Very disappointed in both the green chile and the enchilada sauce.

Sunday morning we picked up Grandma who was staying at Penny's and visited a few minutes.  They showed us the house that  J&P are buying in Concho - or at least showed us the few pictures that were on the internet.  We drove to Globe and stopped by an antique store then met the Lewis' downtown Miami for lunch - eat eat eat.

Sunday evening was a Halloween party at Hairball's.  Her Halloween decorations were super.  She loves Halloween so had to hit Target early Monday morning for the after Halloween sales. 

Monday evening, Mom and I went to dacheese's house for family home evening.  All of her family was there except for leaner and the mom.  Was nice to visit with all of the kids and see how big their little ones are getting.  So many babies. 

Dacheese came to Mom's house on Tuesday and brought her 3 gorgeous little girls.  We ate lunch and then I said I had to go back to work so I went into the bedroom to work.  Dacheese took the littlest two home for a nap and the 5 year old stayed at Great-Grandmas.  About a half hour later, she came in, saw me and said "You didn't go to work".  So I had to explain to her that I work on the computer.

Wednesday, Suzy had to babysit in the evening but Polly was back in town so we went to Florence to L.B. Inn for dinner.  Then she came over to Mom's for a while.  We spent some time cleaning up Mom's genealogy papers and removing the duplicates.  We typed up some of the things and Polly is going to do further work.

Thursday I didn't have towork so dacheese drove us to the big city to spend the afternoon with leaner and her girls.  We stopped by Cracker Barrel and had a little lunch then had an enjoyable afternoon just lazying around leaners.  Late in the afternoon we went to Los Dos Molinas for some spicy food.  Yep - it was spicy - warmer than I ever expected.

Friday morning after mailing some packages and stopping by the bank, Polly, Mom and I drove to Wenden to spend the night and visit with Kim, Danny and some of their family.  It was great to see them.  Scary Beth (aka Cara) made fry bread which was delicious. The house in Wenden is really nice.  Lots of space for everyone to just grab a blanket and find a spot on the floor to sleep. 

Saturday morning after a breakfast of sausage gravy and biscuits, we started the drive back to cool-town.  We planned to stop by and see leaner as we knew she was having a sad day.  She wasn't home but we met her and traded Polly for leaner's 2 girls.  So they rode home with Mom and me and stayed until leaner and Polly got there.

In the evening we had a big feast at Polly's house.  A house full of food and people.

All in all, it was a good week - so fun to see so many people - I just can't believe I didn't take more pictures.  It was a little hot down there though so it felt good to get back home to the 20 degree temps. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the girls that Saturday. It really helped me to deal with all of it. Also, next time you come up/down we'll eat at Carolina's they are supposed to have the best tortillas in the valley and are NOT so spicy. :)

    ReplyDelete