7/25/10

big mushroom, little sister and other happenings

I am back - well, i've been back in AK for very close to a week now.  Came home totally exhausted and with trying to catch up on work and sleep - haven't done anything this week that wasn't absolutely necessary for my survival.



I really enjoyed seeing everyone and especially spending some quality time with the granddaughters. We spent a morning on temple square and were lucky enough to be there to listen to a short concert in the Tabernacle.

We enjoyed the day at Lagoon.  I rode with Jules the first time she drove this track and it was scary - she was in to blocking people from passing her.  She was so serious that I thought she was not having a good time but as soon as we got done, she wanted to drive again.  I opted to take care of the baby so I could get a few pictures.



boy child enjoyed driving too


It is kind of good to be home  -- we had a fun day yesterday which I'll tell you about in a few days when I have more time.

Meanwhile, here is a picture of a giant orange mushroom that's in my yard.    It is about 6" in diameter.



And the lady from BBBS called me Friday night to tell me about my little sister and see when I can meet her.  This is all I know right now - she is 15 and is a native alaskan.  She will be a sophomore in high school this fall and loves walking, skating (not sure if this is ice skating or roller) and some type of japanese art.  I am both extremely excited and scared to death.  Tentatively I am going to meet her on August 2 so we'll see how that goes.

I'll type more at you later - have to get outside and help JW or I'm liable to get in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment