5/4/10

Inspection and BBBS

Yesterday we had our home inspection and the house passed with flying colors.  Well, there are a few little things that the engineer is going to request the seller do but they are pretty minor.  Gutter on the back side of the house (well back side when looking at it from the road but since the house faces east I guess it would be the north side).

I went over to walk through the house again to try to figure out what is going to go where.  It's funny when you walk into a house and it looks big and you walk  back in and it has shrunk.  The arctic entry way is probably about 5' x 6' - just big enough to put a bench on one side so people can take off their shoes.  The current owners have this wooden thing there that looks very much like the big box of kleenex - except it's made of wood and instead of tissues, it's filled with plastic so we're wondering if that is some kind of plastic thing to put on your shoes so you don't have to take them off.  Guess we'll never know cause we could convince our realtor to test it out.

The bedrooms are nice size though and we did find the other hook up for the washer and dryer.  There is a stackable in our bathroom and that will work great for us but for resale i'm thinking we need the option to have a full  size washer and dryer.  hmm - actually with all my quilts and blankets we will probably go ahead and hook up our front loader washer and put up some pull out clothes line in the garage so I can hang my sheets and quilts.  I'm really going to miss my clothes line.

The sellers have started packing things up so the house is a total mess.  But that just means they will be out on time.  The shop is actually looking cleaner than when we were there before.   2 1/2 weeks - woo hoo.


We'll be having to build a deck around back here.  The 3 windows on the back of the house and the 9 on the right side are for my office - will be wonderful to have so much light pouring in and good thing there is a door handy so I can let Tink in and out on demand.

Today I went over my for Big Brother Big Sister interview.  An hour and a half later I finally got out of there.  I went in thinking a little girl 6 - 10 years old would be nice to entertain for a few hours every couple of weeks.  I left there with the thought that the girl would more likely be 10 to 14 years old - hmm - am I really ready to deal with someone that age - someone with issues.  I guess only time will tell - I'll give it a shot and pray it works out for both of us.  It will take 3 or 4 weeks for them to do a background check and everything before I find out about my "little" (or not so little).   Just a little bit more stress for my camel's back.

1 comment:

  1. It's wonderful that you are going to get involved with the Big Sister program!! I'm sure that you will learn a lot from that and feel great about your opportunity to help someone less fortunate..

    ReplyDelete