On May 11th (Mother's Day), I made a stop by Creamer's Field and then I went to church.
After changing I went to the Alaska Bowl company to buy a small bowl - with lowbush cranberries painted around the outside. John was over at the storage unit so I went over to help him finish up going through things and take him some locks. We decided we had everything ready to go. That evening John took me downtown to Lavelle's Bistro for dinner - it wasn't as good as we remembered it being 4 years ago when we moved up.
Over the next few days, I watched them tearing down The Castle restaurant. It had been closed prior to us moving to Fairbanks but I remember that we had dinner there on our first visit to Fairbanks in 1999.
When it had been sold, I had thought they were going to reopen it but it turns out that it was bought by Walgreens and their plan was to demolish it and build a drug store. Very sad.
On May 15th, as soon as I got off work, I picked up Monica and her cousin Jasmine and we went to the movie. Then we took a drive to North Pole to the Santa Claus House.
Santa wasn't there so I got some pictures of the girls in his chair.
I dropped them off at Lathrop High School, gave them each a big hug and told them to take care of each other. So fitting to drop Monica off in the same location that I had picked her up so many times over the past 3 years.
John was having dinner with some guys from work so I went to Creamer's field to meet some sisters from Fairbanks 6th ward Relief Society to walk to Wander Lake.
I am really going to miss these wonderful ladies.
And back to the extended stay for the last night.
No comments:
Post a Comment