11/15/12

70 Years going on to Eternity

I haven't posted in a while and need to catch up but have to take a few minutes tonight instead to recognize that it is Mom and Dad's 70th Anniversary.  I talked to her this morning and she was feeling better than she had felt because she had spent some time walking around the grocery store to get her food for the next couple of weeks.

She is lonely but fortunately Brendan (sp) stops by every day to pick up her mail for her and helps her a little around the house.  She gets junk mail and I know that I definitely need to start writing her more often as I have been negligent in doing that.  Also JVA and his family stop by once a week to see her and she just loves to see those little great-grandchildren.  Everyone is so busy with their own lives that I know it is hard to take time to stop by.


Dad, Alice and Ora on Nov 15, 1942


Their first apartment in California.

Mom and her Mother

Someday I should ask Mom who the other 2 girls are in the picture above
.
Mom and Dad sometime in the 1950's


Celebrating their 25th anniversary in Pima, in 1967 (we were all a lot younger then)


Picture taken sometime in the 70's - that is one wild suit.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOM AND DAD!!!  Someday when our Heavenly Father decides the time is right, I know they will be together again.

No comments:

Post a Comment