Second of all happy Father's day to the Father of my children. As far as quietness goes, he is 180 degrees out from my Dad. Unfortunately for my children, JW yelled a lot and everyone knows that Carter was the first of the neices and nephews that was not afraid of the guy. When the kids were little, he worked a lot of long hard hours so they didn't get to spend a lot of time with him while we lived in Blythe. But when he was home, he loved to take them fishing or to Disneyland or was frequently patching bicycle tires for the boys in the neighborhood. He loves his children and granddaughters very much even though he is not vocal about it. He was raised to be a hard worker and expects people around him to do their fair share.
Since I'm stuck at home today, this is how he's spending his Father's day:
He loves that weedeater.
He had to clean the mud off the RZR from last weekend.
He does not know how to just sit and relax for more than a few hours. This is why I have a lot of things planned for our two week vacation next month - if I don't keep him busy doing things, he'll have people out splitting wood for the winter.
Third, I wish a happy Father's day to my father-in-law. The man who taught JW to be such a hard worker and good provider. Unfortunately, JW Sr died just at the time I was really starting to like the guy. He and I had our ups and downs in the early years of my marriage. He had his own opinion on things and there was no way in the world you could change his mind once it was made up. I mean, doesn't the whole world know that when a squash turns orange, it is now a pumpkin.
See - even when JW was tiny, his Dad had him out working.
And a special happy Father's day to my son who is a better father than I ever could have imagined:
And Happy Father's Day to all the other Father's in my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment