Yep - there the lights were just a faint glow (due to the neighbor's light pollution). I set the camera to manual focus and tried to get a picture - all I got was one thin line of green. I spent most of the night in and out of bed to check on the lights. It was so cool to watch them move around but would have been so much better if only it had been darker.
Here are a couple of pictures I saved from the webcam that night:
In both pictures you can clearly see the big dipper.
Not sure if we are going to get out to see these away from the city but I'm watching the forecast and moon and clouds every weekend to see if I can find a clear night later in March (when it's a little warmer) to head up North a ways to watch the lights.
That green is kind of spooky looking, watch out for aliens!
ReplyDelete